New Urban High School
Our vision is to create inclusive classes and an environment that students can build community, inspire hope and work to set and achieve goals to empower themselves to transform the world they live in.
New Urban was founded on five core beliefs about schools and education:
• We want all of our students to feel that they are known well by our staff and will have meaningful interactions with adults on a daily basis.
• Learning should be challenging, stimulating, and relevant to students' lives.
• Teachers know students' learning styles and provide varied teaching strategies to accommodate for the differences.
• All students can learn with the proper environment and motivation.
• School must be a safe place both physically and emotionally.